Available for use in all staff, pupils and parents attending a specific school, or attending an CAMHS or CYP-IAPT team.
The course has been adapted from feedback gathered in school focus groups. Key features include:
Updated 8 session course topics addressing the concerns of young people of secondary school age
Content, worksheets and booklets adapted based on young persons’ feedback.
A printed single book to accompany the course can be purchased as an additional resource (find out more here)
Content and support scripts highlight life worries and challenges relevant to teenagers and other young people.
Artwork updated to suit this age group.
Powerpoint slides to run the course with all resources you need in PDF format, including worksheets to highlight learning from the sessions.
Adapted speaker notes to help throughout every stage of the course.
Up to 1000 user logins to access the course online with an option for teachers and supporters to present the audio courses directly from the online site.
Extra online modules covering topics such as sleep and assertiveness.
Ability to download and print online worksheets.
Ability to read e-books online.
Core Course Class Session Topics:
1. Understanding your feelings
2. Doing things that make you feel better
3. Looking at things differently
4. How to fix almost everything
5. Building inner confidence
6. The things you do that mess you up
7. 1,2,3 Breathe (managing anger and irritability)
8. 10 things you can do to make you feel happier straight away
The Five Areas team offers training in the use of the Living Life course for Young People, to help you run it effectively. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a local practitioner training course. We also offer training workshops on a regular basis – visit www.fiveareas.com/training for details.
To read about an example of how this resource is currently being used please click here.
Cost includes delivery.
- Upon purchase you will receive a license that must be completed and sent back to Five Areas Ltd before the website is used by yourself or your clients. The license must be sent back within two weeks or the code purchased will no longer be valid and a refund will be issued.
- Use of Five Areas Ltd materials is subject to review that you/your organisation are able to offer access to the resources safely and appropriately. If your details are not approved a full refund will be issued.
- Upon purchase an email with instructions and a code to enter at registration, to access the online site for you and your clients will be sent to you. The disc to run the classes will be posted out to you.